Several food trends have emerged over the past few months on social media as we’re under lockdown due to pandemic. The situation during the lockdown presented individuals with time to try out many comfort food recipes. Here we bring you some of the healthy food options which can help rejuvenate your body during the “new normal”.
- Nuts – Eating snacks consisting of a handful of nuts can supply your body with a healthy source of protein, carbohydrates, healthy fats and an energy boost. It also contains a rich source of antioxidants which combat cell damage and increase your susceptibility to diseases.
- Leaf Vegetables – Leaf vegetables supplement your body with a distinct set of nutrients which provide your body with an energy boost. This is attributed to its iron content which promotes the production of new red blood cells, which helps to deliver oxygen to your cells more efficiently and prevent fatigue.
- Fishes – Omega-3 fatty acids that can be found in fish can help to reduce your risk of heart disease and reduce inflammation in your body which is a common cause of fatigue. Fish also contains vitamin B12 that produces red blood cells in the body which in turn promotes better energy levels.
- Whole Grains – they are a healthy source of B vitamins, zinc, iron, magnesium and manganese. It’s also able to lower your risk of several chronic diseases including heart disease, stroke and diabetes. It also lower your risk of obesity by preventing overeating.
- Citrus Fruits – These may include citrus fruits such as oranges and grapefruit. It supplies vitamin C to your body which is beneficial for strengthening your immune system. Several studies have also shown that citrus fruit consumption can also lowers your risk of several types of cancer such as lung, esophageal, stomach, breast and pancreatic cancer.
If you feel that it’s time to rejuvenate your body for the “new normal”, incorporating these foods as part of your diet is a step in the right direction. On top of that, it’s important for you to have a sufficient protection plan that enables you to face health uncertainties with peace of mind. Reach out to our agents to discover more.