In this fast-paced modern life, many of us tend to consume foods that are easy to get and prepare such as fast and instant foods. It’s not only delicious, but most of it is inexpensive too. However, little do we know that healthy eating habits can be affordable too!
Healthy eating habits don’t have to be costly or complex. Find out how:
- Fill half of your plates with fruits and vegetables, a quarter of protein such as lean meat, and a quarter of carbohydrate such as brown rice
- Drink water instead of sugary beverages
- Stay away from processed foods and opt for natural foods
- Choose foods that are high in protein and fibre, but low in fat, sodium and sugar
- Control your meal portion
It’s important to invest in healthy foods and eat sensibly to ensure your body is at bay from illnesses such as obesity, which can lead to many other critical illnesses such as heart disease and cancer. However, we also need to take proactive measures to provide adequate financial support should it hit us. Safeguard your health with our comprehensive critical illness protection plan, FWD CI First. Reach out to our agents to learn more!